This collection includes an extraordinary journey around the globe through the Romanian animation MY FATHER’S SHOES, the touching South African love-story THE LETTER READER, and the emotional Egyptian drama HENET WARD with an anthropological interest on the Egyptian wedding traditions.
• Best Short Film Award -Transilvania International Film Festival
• Best Animation Award - Dumbo Festival in New York
• Best Animation award - Bucharest Short Film Festival
A film based on a true story about a record breaking globetrotter and widowed father,
who uses his extraordinary past to teach his young daughter lessons about life.
• Best Short & Golden Horn Award for Best Short Film - Shnit Worldwide Short Film Festival (2019)
The film tells the story of Siyabonga, a 12-year-old boy from Johannesburg who is sent to a village in Kwazulu-Natal to live with his grandmother while his parents are sorting out their marital problems. As a city boy who is not accustomed to doing household chores, Siyabonga struggles to adapt. He discovers the power of words as he reads letters that put a smile on people’s faces, until one day, a letter with bad news lands in his hands.
• Clermont-Ferrand Film Festival, (2020)
• Busan International Short Film Festival (2020)
• BFI London Film Festival (2020)
Halima - a Sudanese henna painter - goes to Basma's, a young Egyptian bride to prepare her for her wedding: under the eyes of her daughter Ward, the encounter between the two women grows from complicity to suddenly unveiled tensions.