This collection of short films includes the Greek short fiction PATHOLOGIES OF EVERYDAY LIFE, the Egyptian documentary THE PROMISED, the Lithuanian short film DUMMY and the Romanian film CONTRAINDICATIONS.
• Honorary Distinction for Sound – Drama Short FF 2019
Sebastian and Robin end their alcohol-and-drug binge at a scenic spot, sitting atop the hood of their car. This is where their final act will take place, their grand gesture toward all. They were the school pariahs and now work as supermarket clerks. They blame Mr. Brunt, their high-school theater professor who kept giving them the worst parts in the school plays. They also blame society – at large.
• Berlinale Forum Expanded (2020)
• Int. Short Film Festival of Cyprus International Competition (2020)
• Kurzfilmtage Winterthur (2020)
In and around the historical ruins of Fustat, in Old Cairo, tensions simmer between
the site’s government-appointed guards and residents of a nearby informal settlement, al-Izba.
The guards chase away looters and confiscate their equipment, while locals infuriate them by
taking shortcuts through the site, occasionally stopping for a smoke. For the guards it’s easiest to
keep the site closed until further notice.
• Berlinale Short Competition (2020)
• Grand Prize - Festival REGARD Saguenay (2020)
• Best Narrative Film - Palm Spring Short Film Festival (2021)
Using a faceless doll, a criminal reenacts a brutal crime. But surprisingly he is
not the one being judged. There seems to be an odd one out in the investigative group.
• Third Prize - Cinefondation Cannes (2020)
• Best Romanian film – offered by Dacin Sara & Avanpost - Cinemaiubit International Student Film Festival (2019)
• Transilvania IFF (2020)
Awaiting for her husband's visit from abroad, a woman is having a nervous
breakdown as her mother finds out she hasn't yet made up her mind about the divorce.