This collection contains the carefully crafted Lithuanian short film COMMUNITY GARDENS, the South African short film MTHUNZI about segregation and its darkness, the Romanian short film BUCHAREST SEEN FROM ABOVE with its realist and engaging dialogues, and the Greek satire on the upper-class, POSTCARDS FROM THE END OF THE WORLD.
• Cannes Film Festival
• Sarajevo Film Festival
• Molodist International Film Festival
atriarchal masculinity seems to catch its last breath in the sun. A story about a cold relationship between a father and his son. Their bond, plagued by indifference, disintegrates completely.
• Locarno International Film Festival (2020)
• Chicago International Film Festival (2020)
• Carthage Film Festival (2020)
Mthunzi is walking home as he sees a lady go into seizures in her driveway − he is then asked to help carry her into their home by her niece and becomes caught up in a world he does not belong in.
Bucureștiul văzut de sus
• Transilvania International Film Festival (2020)
• Anonimul Independent Film Festival (2020)
• Thessaloniki International Film Festival (2020)
A charming old lady has to leave her home because her family can’t take care of her anymore. On the way to the elderly care home, a shadow of guilt starts to cover the bright sunny day.
Kart postal apo to telos tou kosmou
• Best Comedy - 29th Aspen Shortsfes
• Jury Prize - 24th REGARD Saguenay International Short Film Festival
• Audience Award - 23rd Winterthur Short Film Festival
English, Lithuanian, Romanian, Greek, Arabic
Trapped in a seemingly dull family vacation, Dimitra, Dimitris and their two daughters will have to find a way out of a secluded island in the Mediterranean, when confronted with the unexpected end of the world.